How to Restore your Data and files from a broken Smartphone [ Android OS ] ?
If you Broken your Smartphone device and you’re are in a sad mood, and you tried all methods to retrieve all the photos and music stored while the screen is totally broken here is a several methods may help you to restore your data even when the touchscreen unresponsive so we prefer if you store your data on an Protected USB flash Drive or Portable Hard Drive.
Here is How to Recover your data on a broken smartphone :
If you perform regular backups of your smartphone or you use any cloud services as Google Photos or Google Drive, you will probably not face this problem in case of breakage,but if you don’t have any backup for your files then here are some alternatives.
Method 1 : Used when your smartphone screen is broken but still work :
If you broke your smartphone screen but the device turns on again and the screen works totally or partially. In all of these cases, it is imperative that you can unlock it.
If your smartphone has a fingerprint sensor, it shouldn’t be a problem. you can recover its files when the touch surface is damagedso plug a mouse inOTGon your smartphone.
Then enter your password or draw your pattern using mouse to unlock your smartphone. Once you’ve done this, then disconnect your OTG mouse to connect your smartphone to your computer.
Once your smartphone unlocked, here’s how to proceed:
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer then go to the directory called ‘This PC’.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Choose mass storage option. The icon is normally visible in the notifications.
- Click on the icon of your smartphone to explore its contents using Windows Explorer.
- Click on internal storage memory Folder.
- Finally,Copy and paste the folders and files you want to recover to a folder of your PC.
Method 2 : using the PC Droid@screen software
You should use this method when your smartphone’s screen is totally damged and you cant use OTG mouse then you can’t lock it and get your personal files and use the method 1.
So here in this method we will use software called Droid@Screen which allows you to show your smartphone content.
But this method needs some prerequisites such as USB debugging on your device should be activated.
- Installing the Android SDK available on this link.
- Installing the USB of your device drivers, you will find them on the site of your manufacturer.
- USB debugging in the options developers should be activated.
- Install The latest version of Java on your Windows.
How to display your smartphone to your PC screen
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB cable
- Download Droid@Screen.
- Run the program by double click
- If ever the program fails to find adb, find it manually on your hard drive
- Once you have recognized your smartphone, it appears in the software. Then You have the access to your broken smartphone from your PC screen and you can start backing up your files.
Method 3 : Using Android Control software :
Even the previous methods not works for you you should try this method but you need also to activate USB debugging.
- Download Android Control.
- Download Adb
- UnZip ADB
- Launch Android Control software.
- In Droid@screen, go to the ADB.
- Select tab ‘ADB Executable Path’ then ADB.exe.
- You can now control your smartphone using the virtual keyboard which appears on your screen and you can start backing up your files.
Method 4 : Using the Chrome Vysor extension
Vysor is a Chrome extension that allows you to display the screen of your smartphone on the PC version of the Chrome browse, bus also this method need USB debugging to be activated.
- Download Chrome Vysor extension.
- Vysor will automatically detect your phone and install the application.
Once you are connected to the same Google account from two devices, you can then proceed with the backup.
Method 5 : Retrieve Data without USB Debugging
This method depend on Android Data Recovery software which allows you to restore data with USB Debugging but only support Samsung Galaxy devices
Android Data Recovery software Helps you to Recover contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, call history, WhatsApp history, and more.
- Download Android Data Recovery Trial – Mac and Windows.
- Install and run Broken Android Data Recovery then launch it on your PC.
- From the all the toolkits on the primary window, select Data Extraction (Damaged Device).
- Go to Android Broken Data Recovery option.
- Choose what are types of data and files you want or you can select all of them then click on next.
- Then Choose “Touch cannot be used or cannot enter the system” in what is the problem of your device.
- You should select and confirm your Samsung Galaxy device name and model in the next window then click on next.
- Enter Download Mode by Power of your phone then Press and hold Volume down, Home and Power buttons together then press Volume Up to enter download Mode.
- Then Connect your Device with PC using USB Cable.
- After a while all data types your are selected before will be shown at the next window then select what data you want then click on recovery.